Friday, July 8, 2016

Warren Falls Swimming Hole

Taylor suggested that we take the kids to one of her favorite places - the Warren Falls swimming hole. Jacob thought it sounded great so he spent the night at our house after camping so we could all go the next day.  It was amazing!  I can't believe I've lived here for so long and never been there before!  The water was freezing, but it didn't stop us..



It's hard to tell from the picture, but this is a natural slide made by the water.  The kids splashed water onto it and down they went.  Aydin was first.  Jacob loved this spot the best!  He went back to it over and over.

Taylor sliding, Jacob and Morgan are next.

Getting back up to the slide to go again.




This is a great picture of some of the jumps the kids were jumping off.  If you look to the right toward the back you can see the kids climbing up to a higher one..
More sliding

The water was ice cold, Liam opted out of the slide to walk at the bottom of the falls

Liam: "Take a picture of me pretending to run and jump!"



Taylor jumping off the first jump

Aydin

Aydin

Morgan

Taylor

Aydin jumping from the higher jump - it doesn't look that high until you are on the top looking down!

I missed Jacob jumping when I was watching Liam, but he was right there with all the kids! (I tried to get him to go again, just for the photo-op, but he wasn't interested..)  At the bottom of the slide he discovered that there were trout swimming.  Good thing he brought his googles!

Morgan on the high jump

Taylor next

Crazy kids!

So the kids convinced me I needed to jump too.  It looked really high from way up there!  Jacob said, "If I can do it, you can too!"  Ok - here I come!  Holding my nose, but I jumped..

Post jump photo

  
Contemplating the second jump from a different place..
Shoot.. I'm the last one... Morgan jumped before me to show me I could do it!
 Here I go!

Time to go - everyone had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment