I can't believe that Taylor is a freshman in college. It really doesn't feel like it was that long ago that I was there myself! Here are a few pictures from move in day..
Front door of her dorm
As you can see, it's not really a dorm. It's more of a mansion, converted to house college students. There are 39 freshman living in this house. Taylor lives with two other girls on the third floor - the center peak of the building. The room is huge compared to the other dorm rooms we've seen!
This is a view of the ocean from her window. It was a cloudy, rainy day, but still a beautiful view.
Roommates - Taylor, Katie, and Michaela (terrible picture, I know, but I didn't dare ask to take another one..)
Moving in!
This was the last picture we took before we left campus - she was all moved in and looking happy as a clam.
View from the backyard of the dorm
Volleyball court next door to the dorm
Kayaks ready to go - Taylor and some friends took them out a few weeks ago and had a great time! She loves living by the ocean!
Entrance to the school
Pictures of the campus
Taylor's friend Joe plays football for Endicott and lives in her dorm - the same kid she's been friends with since kindergarten. She couldn't have picked a better friend to go to college with! He's a great kid with a great family. We went down to see a game a few weeks after classes started.
Taylor only wanted us to bring one thing with us when we went to visit - Ella! Here is Mike & Ella watching the game, clearly ignoring the sign..
Taylor and Ella
Mike and Taylor on the balcony of the president's house - two doors down from Taylor's dorm.
Still kids - Taylor and her new friends dressed up for Halloween and went trick or treating in Beverly -I wondered if they got some strange looks, but she said no! They even got invited into one house that had golden retriever puppies so they could visit with them. Couldn't ask for better kids! I'm sure there were a lot of other things going on at a college campus on a Halloween night...
Taylor LOVE college - she's thrilled to be living in a big house with tons of people, and having a blast. As a parent, there's nothing I wanted more than to have her enjoy college, have some great friends, and to feel like she made the right choice. Now I just hope she's studying... :)










No comments:
Post a Comment