Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Time for a Christmas Tree!

Now that Taylor is in college, she doesn't get home until December 20th, way too close to Christmas to get a tree!  So, while she was home for Thanksgiving, we decided to go cut down a tree and get it decorated before she left.  Luckily, there was snow on the ground - Dad always said we couldn't get a tree until there was snow! :)
Urie's Christmas Tree Farm -   It LOOKS like they have a lot of trees, but it took a while to find one that was tall enough and fat enough..  If you ask Mike, he would say we found plenty that would have been fine, but we looked at every tree on the property, just in case...


Finally!  We found one!

                          
No, not that one...


Mom and I supervising as Mike cuts the tree down.  Let's hope he doesn't get poison ivy again..  that was not a good year.. I'm surprised he agrees to do it after that!
 


Dragging the tree back to the truck.  Did we have to find one so far away?!


The reward for all that work - hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies




What a great day -this is one of my favorite things that we do all year!  I'm so glad that Taylor enjoys it as much as I do - and glad that she brought the camera this year.  All of the pictures were hers!
 
I love Christmas and getting a fresh cut Christmas tree - Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment