Last week was Taylor's chorus concert at the high school. She decided to join about mid-year - even though she did chorus in middle school, I'm sure it was because she found out she might have a chance to go to New York City with them next year! But regardless, she has a great voice and she's enjoying it - at least when they pick good songs to sing. This concert was fun because all of the seniors sing solos of their choosing. What an amazingly talented group of kids! I was so impressed at how confident they were at standing in front of a full auditorium and singing a solo - some of them, for the first time. Even more impressive, on the way home, Taylor was talking about what she should choose as her solo. She figured it was better to sing, than to be one of the few names listed on the program that didn't sing!
She did tell me that she has to sing a solo this year for her teacher instead of having to take a final. I told her I would have dropped that class faster than anyone could have turned around before I would have done that! Here is a link to the song she is going to sing -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
Keep in mind it has to be sung acapella :) Taylor amazes me - she's so talented! And an alto like great grandma to boot!
I'll let you know how it goes.
Here are a few pictures from the concert - they aren't great, but here they are.. Taylor is second from the right in the back row.
Typical Saturday for us...
-
Today Erika- the fantastic photographer she is- came to the kiddos games
with me to help me learn how to use my new camera...
HOLY cow- my camera can take...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment