Sunday, October 4, 2009

First day of School - at the High School!




Taylor has been looking forward to this day since half way through the summer. Not that she was excited to be back in class again, but she was really looking forward to high school. At the end of the first day I asked her how it went - her response was, " I had a great day! I love high school!"
It's amazing what a little freedom does. After middle school, high school feels like a great change of pace. There are a ton of activities, lots of kids, and something to do all the time.
After a month, it has lost a little of it's sparkle, but she still likes it. It's nice to be part of a bigger group of kids, and so far, the homework isn't so bad. Progress reports come out next week, so we'll see if things are going as well as I think they are.
I'm still amazed that my little girl is in high school - it doesn't even seem possible! She reminds me daily that in less than 3 months she'll be able to get her learner's permit. Driving?! Heaven help me.. Although, I guess driving is better than boyfriends.. I'm not ready for that either! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment